Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lucky Date 07/07/07


Are you among the people planning important events for this first Saturday in July?
This first Saturday in July is 07/07/07 -- a lucky number.
Last year, everyone freaked out when the calendar read 06/06/06.
I am guessing that there will be a rerun of this.
So, will you be planning your wedding on 07/07/07?
Of course you are! You want that extra dose of marital luck, huh? So that's why you are among the scores of would-be bridal couples to be flocking to the altar on that auspicous day.
A little bird told me so!
Rather, a little article told me so.
For a good read, click here.

I hate to be a party pooper. But I am not a believer in lucky numbers. What's the big deal?
Oh well. To each, her own!

5 comments:

J.T. said...

It all depends on the culture and beliefs, I suppose. From what I understand, 7 is not a good number for the Chinese. Can anyone confirm this for me?

I have never placed emphasis on having numbers to coincide with special events in my life. If I wanted that, then I would have booked my wedding for 9/9/99. :D

Yes, to each her own.. or his own.
I am sure some guys think numbers and dates are important too. I won't be surprised if they are the ones who want their weddings to concide with a memorable number. That way, they won't forget their anniversaries! haha

Ari said...

J.T., that makes much more sense than equating dates/number to luck in marriage (coming from a bitter me, oh well...)

Last year some of my friends/clients made such a big hoo haa on my birthday because it fell on 20062006. I was blur at first. Nothing 'lucky' happened to me, that I know for sure :-)

the witch's broo said...

JT: it's ok to believe in numbers, colour etc for luck. but it should not be all-consuming that everyday of your life is dictated by what you wear, what number you have, and other "superstitious" beliefs.
it can be self-destructive.
It shows a lack of confidence, at the least.
But...well... this is a free world.

Ari: 20062006... cool.

Anonymous said...

Sister.... where are you? Are you okay? Blogger's block perhaps?

(drumming my fingers on the table waiting for your new post - "trab..trab..trab...)

the witch's broo said...

eliza dear,

sigh...I have been so busy travelling. I was in Sabah and just got back.

Ooooh.. let me think of what to blog..

thank you for waiting... a wee bit impatient, i might add.