Friday, May 1, 2009

American Idol -- Why Adam Shouldn't Be In The Running


Very odd that me, Witchbroo, finds the pull of American Idol so irresistible. God help me.

I'm gonna get to the point here. Won't be explaining why I'm semi-addicted to this season's AI. Perhaps because there are some real great talents there.

My 17 year-old niece, Zuleika, has been following AI since its first season. So, she's kind of an AI pro viewer.

On Wednesday, Zuli and her friends camped at her place to watch American Idol.

They are all Matt Giraud's fans. Ok ok. That's so simplistic. They are all of the five finalists' fans!
From Wednesday, they reckon they're going to have a very teary ride.

They are all in a dilemma becasue they did not want any of the five to fall. At the same time, they are realistic.

"Someone is gonna go home tomorrow," I told them -- Zuli, Erica, Samantha, Ai Lin and Jeya.

"No no, Aunty Jee. No no...sob sob sob," Zuli wept.

OMG! Is she nuts or what? Hahaaa...I'm a fine one to be yapping like that.

Here's my point and what I really want to say.

THAT Adam Lambert cannot be a contestant in American Idol.

BECAUSE -- he is in a class of his own. He is up there. He's a star ALREADY. He is damn damn good.

I know he was in the bottom three - no, gsap, it was bottom 2 -this week. But I think that's just unlucky, a one-off episode.
There's always going to be a first time for everyone.
Walking down the stairs the way he did must have irked America. Click HERE.

Adam lambert has already got it going for himself and American Idol can no longer be a platform for him to propel his career. He should be taken out NOW and be given a record deal.

Okay. I've said my peace so I don't have to hold my peace no more.

And by the way, When Matt was dunked out on Thursday, Zuli got sick. Really ill. No, not Swine Flu....just a bug. The Matt-Got-Dropped bug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, R U from Sri Aman? Just curious. I was browsing thru the internet and found your blog. U wrote about one of our schoolmates some time last year. The one, with name starts with Datin E, the 'royal' celebrity.

the witch's broo said...

dear anon (9:35am),

no I am not from Sri Aman. I went to boarding school in England.

I know of that Datin from a magazine and got some details from some people who know of her and her background.

Anonymous said...

i was quite shocked when adam was in bottom 2. but just like u said, he's in another league. he's the biggest THREAT...*LOL*

in another development, i find that chris allen shines in his performance in the last few weeks. he's the most underrated AI contestant and i sincerely think that he should be in the final 3....

KC

the witch's broo said...

KC,

You think so too? Cool.

And about Chris....yes. I kinda noticed that too.

I'm replying you on Thursday after the elimination of the final 4. And Chris is through. Allison is out.

Sob sob...but really, I'd be sad for any of them.