Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol 2009 -- And The Dark Horse Wins

Or you can call him the underdog.

Kris Allen is this year's American Idol, beating favourite Adam Lambert.

He must be the underdog Simon Cowell was referring to earlier this season.

I don't know what to say except that I think he's got zillions of sympathy votes. Although I know that as the season progressed, he drew a growing fan base.

The guy is likeable. Sweet.

He was probably more shocked than anyone else when Ryan announced his name.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy but I think he pales in comparison to Adam.

To me, an idol has got to fulfill a host of criteria. He or she should be able to sound good on record and has potential to be great performer.
Adam Lambert fits all.

Kris is a good singer, but I think he is in the mediocrity league....
God, he doesn't even think he can sing so well.

That said, I believe that this dark horse won over more and more fans over time because he began to shine and displayed his "character" and "personality".

Perhaps, his simplicity and down-to-earth-ness count.

Yeah...being modest, humble and understated is his strong point, if you know what I mean.

Oh well. Although my money was on Adam :ambert, I did reckon that Kris might just get the crown.

An upset win did play in my mind.

I suppose, you may think you know who's going to win, but God disposes!

What else can I say....

Do read THIS.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i share yr sentiments. there was this theory that he got the christian vote since he and danny are both related to church work in some way. and it also point out that danny's fans shift their vote to kris when danny didnt make it to the finale. makes sense.

KC

Shaira Nur said...

Hell yeah, I cannot agree more.
Kudos to this post, and kudos to you!

the witch's broo said...

KC,

Yeah. Sure makes sense. reminds me of voting in Umno...:-)

the witch's broo said...

Shaira,

Woohoo....

Might as well Matt in the final two, huh, Shaira?

As KC said....it's the Christian votes that got Kris the title.
Over their dead body that a gay like Adam represents America as an idol!