Saturday, February 9, 2008

What's The Right Road to Take?

I'm hardly a political person. Never thought much about politics because I'm a very contented person.
Rightly or wrongly, our controversial former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed had brought so much to the country.
We have enjoyed the fruits of his labour.
I know that sounds corny for his detractors but really...Malaysia was so NOT known two decades ago.
When he became PM, we were known.
Of course, we were also known for all the wrong reasons.
As I have said, I'm hardly political. But, I seem to be so drawn to the political development in the country.
And I've come to realise that politics seep into everything we do. Our bread and butter.
I can't fight for the judiciary. Let the judges fight for that. Ok ok, the lawyers too.
(Frankly, I believe that if it is about justice, it is about the judges. And if they are not corrupt, then everything's ok.)

So...having said that. I think I will vote in the election.
I am a registered voter but I have never exercised my right.
This time Il most certainly will.
Because I see terrible things around me. I see greedy people who are taking things for themselves.

But, I am a realist for I do not see any dramatic change taking place even if I do not vote for those ugly representatives of the greedy and arrogant national coalition.

The government elected will still be the one and the same.

Still, every vote counts!

4 comments:

Pak Zawi said...

Witch,
My late mum would be angry with me if she were to know that I am not voting BN this coming GE. To her BN was the only party for the rakyat. That was 20 years ago but this is now.
I agree with you as to what Mahathir did to Malaysia. Nobody knows us befor his time. The mess he created was supposed to be cleaned up by the person we thought is the best and the right person to do it. Only that he betrayed our trust.

Anonymous said...

witch,
the present administration unde Pak Lah sucks big time.
thre is just so much abuse -- legal and moral.

i will give the opposition a chance.
i agree with so many views in the blogs that Barisan is arogant.
i have met enough cronies to know that.

the right road to take, Witch?
follow your heart and your conscience.

the witch's broo said...

Zawi,

Hush, then. Don't tell your mum.

Mahathir is still paying for some of his mistakes.
He has admitted to some of his mistakes, one of which was appointing Pak Lah.

anyway, i always remember this -- you choose the wrong leader, then you deserve to have him/her!

the witch's broo said...

gypsy,

i know i know....
it is a tragedy.