Monday, February 18, 2008

Ain't Gonna Be Duped No More....

That was what my cousin told me last night.
She voted for the Barisan Nasional in the last general election because she thought that the government would continue improving the country.

"How wrong I was," she lamented.

She said that in the last four years, all that had been announced were mega projects which went to a few people close to the PM.
Trickling-down, spill-over effect? A load of sh**!
Certainly not down to the rakyat.

And this KJ factor.
Is the PM's son-in-law a very influential figure in his life?

You betcha, my cousin said. She knows this for a fact.
But it is just too tedious to relate it in this blog.

"I voted for the BN not to have the business of the government to be run by a wet-behind-the-ears boy and his buddies.
"Not to have the PM gallivanting around the globe.
"It is a betrayal of the highest order. And I will not have that."

Well, she didn't say that she was going to vote for the Opposition but she said that she ain't no sucker no more.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister,

Personally I dont think the opposition is ready to form the government yet.

Having said this, I believe in underdog.

I am certainly sick of lies and make-believe. I dont see any prominent changes for the past 4 years.

I see a lot of unresolved issues. I hear tonnes of rhetoric speeches. I lost faith in main stream media.

There, you can figure out who will I vote for come this 8 of March.

Vote, or forever hold your peace

flaminglambo said...

i've never really paid attention to the elections until now. it'll be interesting and i hope the results are close even if the opposition loses.

Pak Zawi said...

witch,
Spread the word around. There is a chance to stop this wet behind the ears boy from going any further by helping this candiate opposing him to stop this SIL's further progress.
Read it here:
http://rockybru.blogspot.com/2008/02/ringgit-to-stop-dynasty.html

the witch's broo said...

elviza,
i always wonder why people think the Opposition is not ready.
one would think that they are made up of idiots. I say, if they are, then they are no more idiotic than the government.

if they are not voted in, we will never know if they are ready or not.

anyone who takes over the country, takes over a very solid system and machinery. This was told to me by a very qualified and experienced economist.

my dear, you are right on all counts, except you reservatons about the worth of the opposition.

once a upon a time, i thought that way too.

I'd give them a chance.

And YES...let's not forever hold ou peace.

Go, sista, go!

the witch's broo said...

FLambo,

hi there.
how's the baby?

So nice to "see" you. Haven't "seen" you in a while.

I personally, hope that the margin of victory (of the BN) will be really reduced.

I think that's good for our democracy.

After 50 years...we're still adhering to the same old system.

Take care..

the witch's broo said...

zawi,

vote against the dynasty!

vote against KJ!