Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Poisonous Greens

Shoot! We can't trust our farmers no more.
This is so not good.
I love veges. I load my plate with lots of 'em. I love the rainbow colours of vegetables.
I love spinach, mustard greens, kai lan, beans, cabbages....and salads -- the Mat Salleh or Malay variety. Just love them.
And now this?
I wash my greens. But if they've been tainted with poison or toxic chemicals, washing them won't guarantee that the washed greens are free of poison.
You know what is the problem? Enforcement and checks.
We are so not in this game.
Mad traffic, congested roads, speedhogs, landslides, floods, horrid public toilets, crumbling (almost) buildings.....
And yes HORRID taxi drivers/cabbies.
Half of our government officers have been overseas on holiday or work. Have they not learnt anything from their stint overseas, their holiday abroad?
God help us! For we cannot help ourselves. Meow!

5 comments:

J.T. said...

They don't learn... unless something happens. They adopt the 'wait and see" attitude. Like I mentioned in Zorro's blog (link to his page is in mine), shoddy work and lackadaisical attitude is due to this:

Baa baa black sheep
Have you any wool?
No sir, but got contracts
three bags full
One for Ali Baba
One for your papa
And one for you
to give to your saudara

Daphne Ling said...

Hi,

Hopped over from JT's blog. Your nick caught my eye =) Anyway, I agree. I feel equally betrayed with the report that our greens are contaminated...Me, who thinks Im doing myself a favour by eating vegetables...

And now they tell me I might die earlier by eating veg! Prithee please, tell me, what am I going to eat then?

Cruel world...Eat meat too much, arteries get clogged and cholesterol goes shooting up; eat too much carb, grow fat from too much sugar; now eat too much veg, die from poisoning...

Difficult huh? =)

zewt said...

we live in the 21st century... this is something we just have to bear with... yeah, the gomen could have done something, but not much, i think...

the witch's broo said...

JT : I a so appalled that the authorities here always act only when a tragedy or a catastrophe stikes. Always too late.
They never learn.

Daphne: Hi... arent u the girl who helped the little girl?
Nice of you to drop by.
This is blogosphere. I hopped to JT's from Nuraina's (I think, or was it Kak Teh's). We all hop along.
I'm with you, Daphne.. soon, there'll be nothing, absolutely nothing for us to eat.

Zewt: Hey there. This is the 21st century... and this shouldnt be happening. The gomen has only its interest at the core of everything.
Thanks. Zewt for visiting.

zewt said...

well... our gomen is indeed... in a very difficult situation if you think of it. they have to think of the interest of the majority. but yet, they cant really go all out to wipe the minority. it will be interesting to see how things in the future turn out to be.