Monday, July 28, 2008

You Lucky Lucky KIds!

You betcha!

When I was growing up a teenager in Kuala Lumpur, there were not many places to go shopping.

We had Robinson's at Jalan Mountbatten (now Jalan Tun Perak), The Weld and a few boutiques here and there.

Then when I was in college, we had Ampang Shopping Complex, Wisma Central, Pertama and Campbell and much much later, Yow Chuan Plaza.

The thing is, these were nowhere near what teenagers have today! Just look at the choices now!

And the cinemas! Love what we have today!

I loved going to the movies those days. Especially with my sisters and girlfriends. How odd to say this. But I avoid going dating to the movies. Difficult to focus and concentrate.

I traveled abroad for holidays regularly as a teenager. So let me tell you that Malaysia has come a long way!

You kids just don't know how lucky you are!

(Please note that this posting is about a very light subject.)

6 comments:

flaminglambo said...

Greetings broo,

Going on a date to the movies was difficult to focus? I thought it was a guy thing. Hahaha.

I remember going on a first date with this hottie once and it was to the movies. I can remember every detail about the day except for what movie we saw. LOL!! I was too busy making my moves...or at least trying to anyway. It was an exhilarating experience. Must've burnt like 2000 calories just from sitting there.

the witch's broo said...

Fl,

hey there...

that's the thing...it is a guy thing which makes it a little problematic for us, girls. if you know what i mean.

whoa....exhilarating experience, huh? my point exactly.

thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

oh yes oh yes oh yes....
i can't imagine how it'd be like for me if i lived during mommy's time! i think I'd die of an illness caused by a dearth of shopping malls!

but mommy says I'll not miss what I never had.....:)

Anonymous said...

witch,

how true. and we are so spoilt for choice, aren't we? and just think about the many coffee shops around...

But...aaah....that means spend spend spend.

then again, we need to get our economy going, right?

the witch's broo said...

marisa,

well...aren't you lucky you are growing up in this century!

the witch's broo said...

gypsy,

i'm just thinking of "spend spend spend"....:D