Friday, May 16, 2008

Sex Education For Young Malaysians...


I've always been receptive to the idea of sex education in school but I am realistic because I have little faith and confidence in our teachers to carry out this task.

Look around you. For a very long time, our school education system has not been conducive for this kind of subject.

So, I have long forgotten about the need to educate our young on sex and issues relating to it.

I learnt about sex by myself through a lot of reading.

Now, I see that the government will be including sex education in the national service programme.

I read about it here and here.

I think it's good. But I am still skeptical about the efficiency, capability and ability of the NS instructors.

My question is -- why in the national service programme?

You know what? I'll give them a fair chance but I am doubtful that they can pull this one off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not going to work...i can bet you.,

the witch's broo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the witch's broo said...

gypsy,

i'll try to be optimistic...the world is gloomy already.