Saturday, May 3, 2008

When It's Time To Discard Your "Best Friend"(s)...

I know that diamonds are not my best friends since I'm not particularly crazy about these stones. But I know that they are for many women.

And they are usually given as presents from one's boyfriend, husband or partner.

When the relationship breaks up, I suppose those precious stones don't mean nothing no more, huh? It's really over when the stones are "out the window", eh?

Now, that's why -- except for that ONE rock given by Antonio -- I don't have no precious memory in no precious stone. I buy my own, thank you very much.

Here's an interesting article, "When Diamonds Become Girls' Worst Friends" :

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Diamonds may be forever. But what's a girl to do when she gets dumped or divorced and those rings, necklaces and love gifts lose their emotional sparkle?

Help is just a click away on new Web sites that provide an outlet for selling jewelry from past relationships, sharing break-up stories and helping broken hearts heal.

"You go through a divorce. What do you do with that ring? Maybe you have a child you can pass it on to. Maybe you don't. It just sits there," said Marie Perry, who with her stepdaughter Megahn Perry runs www.exboyfriendjewelry.com.

"We wanted to create a platform in the community where people can get in contact with others with similar needs," Perry told Reuters.

more.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,

I need to share a story with you as it is jumping up and down inside me to be told.

The previous man I went out with (and of course we broke up) gave me something from Tiffany & Co.

It was gorgeous, it was to die for. In fists of anger after the not-my-fault-he-cheated-on-me break up, I threw the ring from a moving train en route from Wales to Birmingham.

I was so heart broken I hate the stone. Never thought about the ring for a long time but this post of yours stirred up old memories.

The pain is, of course, not there anymore but back then it was slicing my heart into a million pieces.

the witch's broo said...

elviza,

oh yes... i know what you must have gone through. when the one you love cheats on you, you'd want to get anything and everything that reminds you of him out of your life.

i have a friend who like me, has no love for precious stones (it's genetic, she says). but she loves watches, but how many watches can one own, eh?

anyway, she has had to replace rhe precious swiss watch given by the love-of-her-life THREE times because she smashed the watch on three times after a lovers' spat.

Now, she tries hard not to smash her watch after their quarrel.

i asked her why and she said..."after every quarrel i feel he does not love me and that watch represents his love for me and i don;t want it on me!"

and she always lives to regret her action. Sigh...

Women!