Friday, November 9, 2007

Dang Those Selfish and Idiotic Motorists....

Here's the thing.
I am not the world's most patient driver. When you're driving in Malaysia, you either have to be very patient or you have to join the sport.
I chose to be a little of both because that's the smartest position to take.
If you're too patient, the stress will eventually take its toll on you and, trust me, people, you're gonna go down with a slump.
And if you're as crazy as the next driver, trust me here too, you're gonna go down with a crash.
So, what's it going to be?
The middle clever road.
Not easy in the beginning but once you've got the hang of it....a breeze and it will get you out of very sticky and tricky situations.
Now, I am so digressing here.

Like I said, I am not the world's best...most patient.... most considerate.... driver. Whatever.
So excuse me if I tell you here that I do hate it when people break the traffic signages and directions because they just want to and because they can and because they are so *#@*&** inconsiderate.

Now, take Ikea/Ikano centre.
We all like to go to Ikea for the friendly place that it is. The entire place is conducive. The kids love it too!
People-friendly, I always say.
And the parking areas are great. Wide and open.

And there are clear "arrows" to make life all that more convenient for motorists -- that's you and I -- looking for parking bays.

There are lanes for you to enter and exit. Clear signs to guide you.

And unless you are an imbecile, an illiterate neanderthal or a wretched inconsiderate nimcompoop, you would unhesitantly go your own merry way so you could get that vacant spot.

There is a reason for all the arrows and signs. Do you want to know?
So that we all won't get jammed up in a chaotic chock-a-block in the parking area. That's why.

Can you imagine if everyone decide to enter and exit any which way they want?

Of course, if it is very quiet morning with hardly any motorcars in sight, you may be tempted to just take that short cut because nobody's around and no one's gonna get hurt. Still....

I just wish the security guards At IKEA/IKANO would be more tough. I know one day, someone's gonna get hurt.

And another thing. Don't we love the Ikea Restaurant? Reminds you of a typical self-service restaurant in Sweden or even, Switzerland, huh?
Besides, the prices are not bad, for the offerings on the menu. Right?
And they tell you why they can give you good proices of great food.
Right?
Like, they request that you stash away YOUR OWN TRAY!
People.... why is it that when you overseas, you can stash away your own tray, follow the traffic obediently? Blah blah blah...
And when you are in YOUR OWN COUNTRY, you screw up.

I have watched and I have seen well-dressed and well-heeled Malaysians at the Ikea Restaurant, leaving their trays on the table. Just like that. Without a care.

And, let's not get started at McDonalds, Burger King, A&W...

Oh... you didn't know that you are supposed to dump the remains into the bin and stash the tray away?

Oh...if you did that, there won't be menial jobs for Malaysian school-leavers?
Give me a break, will you?

You know, if we all do our part, maybe we don't have to depend of foreign labour.

Anyway, all I can say is -- typical of Malaysians! And they complain about other Malaysians being "so Malaysian, break rules, so inconsiderate and all that..."

Bah!

2 comments:

Pak Zawi said...

Witch,
If you ask the politicians on how to improve social etiquettes among the people at large, they will say we will add to the school syllabus and get the teachers to teach our children.
Actually soch ethiquettes should be taught by the parents themselves. Unfortunately the parents themselves are lacking in such ethics and start cultivating the bad habits by showing their children the wrong examples.
I love Ikea. Do go there often a couple of times when I was at my childrens place in KL.
Sometimes I get new ideas on how to do home improvements from things on display. How I wish there is a similar outlet in Kelantan.

the witch's broo said...

zawi,
when i was in school we learnt civics. from young we were taught not to litter, to pick up litter anywhere we see, how to cross the road, and many other importnat lessons in life.

i blame the school system for many deficiencies in how we conduct ourselves in our environment. of course, parents have a responsibility too.

i like Ikea too. but when I see all these so-called educated and urban people lacking in civic consciousness, I get so pissed off.