Saturday, September 29, 2007

Can You Trust Your Best Friend...With Your Husband?

Hmmm. Here's a tough one. I know I'm not naive. But sometimes you just wanna believe. You just wanna believe that bad things don't happen. That shit don't happen. That best friends don't betray one another like having an affair with the other's husband or lover or whatever!
I know they do. I've seen it and I don't like it. I think when your best friend has an affair with your husband (or whatever), you have a damn good reason to kill her.
Because, there is a clear line there which forbids such a thing.
However, the reality is that when people fall in love, they just fall in love. And it can be with your husband.
No, no.... my best friend is not getting laid by Anthonio. No no, anthonio aint humping her.
Come to think of it, I don't have a best friend. Should I thank God for that? Such small mercies...
It's just that I recently met an old friend at a party. Lost touch with her. It's been some 30 years. Didn't know she was divorced. So, didn't know she remarried.
Now get this... I've been rambling about best GIRL friends, right?
Hmmm... my old friend dumped her husband and married HIS best friend.
For a good 20 seconds, I stood there with my jaw dropped six feet to the ground.
Sorry, guys. I should have made it clear from the start. But hey, I am as shocked as you.
You are shocked, aren't you?
But, you know what, that kept me thinking. And thinking..

Anyway, , at least I know that it is not always a man's world.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that incestous? kind of?
i trust my best friend with my man.no question about it. never had to think about this. should I now?

that would be so awful to be suspicious ..

surely there must be some level of trust.
and signs. yes, there must be signs. or have i been blind?
if you can't trust your best friend, then you can't trust anyone. and yes, i will kill my man first before i kill my best friend should they have something going.
first, i'd have to determine whether they had sex. that would be the consideration whether i'd puff them out of my life.

the witch's broo said...

Gyps,

no no no... not every best friend is a slut.

if there is nothing, then there is nothing.

this posting isn't out to sow the seeds of suspicion among best friends.

take care.
(and check his collar for lipstick stain....then see if it's the same colour as the one you best friends uses....kidding kidding...)

Anonymous said...

you can't trust your best friend, then you can't trust anyone, can you?

if i find out that my man is having it on with my best pal, i'd kill him!

the witch's broo said...

Jezebel,

well, no. that goes with everyone else too. the point is what constitutes trust?
y'know, in the final analysis, we're all human. so, we are bound to err..
but forgiveness is divine.

take care.

Lady Patsy said...

I guess that I have been lucky in the sense that my best friend, my close friends, my sisters and I all have vastly different taste in men ... thank God for some small blessings!

Anyway there was this one jerk whom I used to go out with many moons ago who ended up marrying his best friend's wife. The last I heard, she then dumped him for someone else ... guess that's karma ... what goes around comes around.

the witch's broo said...

Hi Lady Patsy,

Long time no "see".

I guess you could say you're lucky. But then, it means, they're not tested. Have you ever wondered whether anything would happen if they all had the same taste in men as you do?

Still, consider yourself lucky.
take care!

Makcik Runner said...

err..if she looks like michael jackson i really dont mind. heck...they can carpool together for as long as they want to but if she looks like eva longoria stay out of the way...HAHAHAHA!

lust is lust especially if yr husband or yr best friend is drop dead gorgeous!

J.T. said...

Hey there

Glad to see Lady Patsy doing her rounds once again.

She is my best friend and she is right - we do not have the same taste in men. I have never fancied her choices and neither has she fancied mine. So we have been pretty much lucky in that sense.

When I was growing up, though, there was a girlfriend who could not wait to get her paws on a guy I fancied (and he I - or so I thought). She managed to lure him away. Well, all I can say is - "he was not worth it". Glad she tested him for me. :)

tony -stand-up philosopher said...

You're right Witchy B. What constitutes trust? Best friend is different from trusted friend. The question should be..Am I a trusted friend? Is my best friend's mate save with me? Can I be trusted?

Etch KL said...

You definitely cannot let your best friend and partner mix that way. Not a question of trust, more a question of not burdening with trust, for prolonged periods.

the witch's broo said...

KC,
Hell, I won't have no Eva Longoria-looking friend, best or oherwise, anywhere near my Anthonio!

But you know what, I do have some really gorgeous girlfriends with whom Anthonio is pretty ok with.
No hanky panky as far as i know. Besides, they're already taken.

I am no Eva Longoria...neither am I Mrs Frankenstein... so I think I should be more secure than that, huh?

the witch's broo said...

JT,

I am sure if you and Lady patsy had the same taste in men, you'd not be fighting over the same guys...

and about that guy who got lured away from you by that Jezebel (whooops...sorry Jezebel), "serves him right" as they say.

take care JT

the witch's broo said...

Tony SUP,

yes..you are right.,it should be: why best friends shouldnt betray the other's trust.

the witch's broo said...

Gumux,

i can see the wisdom in that but you know, trust is a powerful thing but soemething that is so easily abused.