Friday, September 14, 2007

Get More By Doing Less


You know, once in a while you read something about keeping fit that makes you think that "it makes perfect sense".
You've been getting that heavy dose of advice on how much exercise to do that will break down that darn fat in you body and the protein and good carbs to consume to keep that darn fat away that a simple sensible advice on how to be fit and healthy without any hint of torture, sounds so so heaven-sent! I swear.

The fact is I do not subscribe to any exercise or diet regime.
Over the years, I have developed my own system, as it were. Because I know my body and myself.
Oh. That doesn't mean that I dismiss all that has been written about the subject. It's from reading the expert views that I decided that I should modify and adopt my own.

First I don't diet. Never have and never will.
I just don't overdo eating. And I don't over-exercise either. I do a lot of walking, a little aerobics, pilates, cycling and swimming.

Ok. So I shan't ramble. Just read Debbie Rocker's piece which I have highlighted.
She 's very sane and sensible.

5 comments:

tony -stand-up philosopher said...

Common sense says diets do not make one lose weight, only weak and lack in nutrition. Eat less calories than the body burns. Drink lots of water at least 4 liters. Do this and you'll do fine for starters.

the witch's broo said...

Tony,

Yes....
but you know something...some people still do it wrong. and you know why? because common sense is not so common.

i swear it's true.

the witch's broo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.T. said...

First of all, I don't believe in that word "diet". I say eat right and exercise right - all in moderation - and we'll be fine. :)

the witch's broo said...

JT,

I don't either, although a long time ago, for lack of better sense, I did.

I'm smarter now...

thanks, JT