Monday, August 13, 2007

Love Thy Country!


I do, I do and I do.
That's why I am so pissed.
I'm looking around me and I am so desperately disillusioned at what I see and what I know.
At first, I thought it was just plain gossip and rumour-mongering. Gradually, I realised that there is a lot of truth in all those things they have been saying about how badly the country is being run.
I mean screw-ups are not anyone's figment of imagination.
Take a look at a certain individual who has got to be so powerful by just being married to the PM's daughter.
I remember how people were so upset when it was learnt that the three sons of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (then Prime Minister) were involved in business.
How the foreign media had a field day whacking Dr Mahathir.
I think the campaign against Dr Mahathir was so blistering that it did affect his popularity.
Fastforward today -- I think it is so unbelievable and so unacceptable that this person who is married to the PM's daughter is where he is today.
I read the Sunday Star article by Joceline Tan and I almost threw up. Actually, a bit of my breakfast got, er, barfed.
What a load of crock and ass-licking crap J Tan's article was.
Umno Youth is made up of ball-lickers and lily-livered cowards whose interest is money and position so that they can make more money and gain higher position.
Umno cannot be representative of the Malays anymore.
How can anyone like what-his-name-and-face get himself in such a powerful position?
What does it tell our young Malaysians?
You can get to be so powerful in this country by marrying a daughter of the Prime Minister.
But the Prime Minister has got to be like the one we have.
So, let's all be making sure that we get Prime Ministers like that so that our sons need not contribute anything to the country and still get to gain those millions and occupy those important seats.

It tells us that it is okay to be greedy. It is okay if you are actually worthless. You can still be a leader.
And pray tell me, why the foreign media is not getting at this administration's case?
If you ask me there are so many questions to ask, so many things to write.

Pity.... we deserve the leader we choose!

10 comments:

flaminglambo said...

Yup, and he's only going to get more powerful and with that, more daring. Scary isn't it?

People who can't see where Malaysia is heading only have to look as far as Indonesia.

Same shit different smell.

the witch's broo said...

flambo:

yeah...so so scary.

It is frightening what's happaning in Malaysia.
People in powerful positions and people with connection, literally get away with corrupt practices...
they seem to have immunity...

and the shit smells just as awful here!

Anonymous said...

Sista,

I agree with you totally. After that article from Ms J Tan, I decided not to buy the Star anymore.

I waged war on NST after they sued Rocky.

Now, I just dont know what paper to buy.

Guess I ll stick to the Sun. Terence Fernandez my old schoolmate restores my faith in journalism. Good on Terence!

Take care Sis

Anonymous said...

i read somewhere, and I agree with this view that Malaysia is retrogressing, politically.
WHen we should be rejecting the bad in modern democracy and the free market, we are embracing it and declaring to the world that it's ok to break the law...well, actually, they do things without actually breaking the law but i think it is always a moral issue at hand.
you can do that, but should you?
i believe that in some countries. these people will be arrested, pronto..

the witch's broo said...

elviza,

isn't she just so disgusting? i think she has really sold out. or simply she just like that monkey's cute face.
i have friends in the media.....they think the people who matter, have endorsed her.
J Tan used to be ok, they tell me. but not anymore. she sings to their tune. she skips, jumps, hops when they tell her to.
isn't that pathetic?

the witch's broo said...

the gypsy,

well, in this country they would be arrested pronto too...
but over here, selective prosecution and conviction is the order of the day.

and bloggers are not the flavour of the day!

zewt said...

hey broo... very refreshing to read something like this from u...

this is the reason why i am trying to scramble away to aussie land.

the witch's broo said...

zewt,

i try to refrain from writing stuff like this...but couldn't help it. bad influence in blogosphere.
you going Down Under? thought hard about it? i wish u all the best...

Pak Zawi said...

Most of us are sceptic about his ability to go all the way up to the top. With all the government's RM9 projects at his disposal, with the backing of his PM FIL, with Kali of NST giving him a leg up, he may reach the top afterall. How sad it will be for the future of Malaysia and her future generations to have such a person as the future PM.
Never expected J Tan to stoop so low to be in favour. Since I stopped reading her column, I feel a void that needs to be filled up. Somebody enlighten me on where to go to next.

the witch's broo said...

Zawi,
my friends in the media tell me that J Tan has lost it. they also tell me that she is actually "pengecut".
oh well... that's the talk in the press grapevine.

if this SIL getds to go up, then it does not speak well of the country.
what kind of role model is this monkey?
i agree with he view that he has done nothing at all for the country and is not deserving of position of power he is in now.

Zawi...read the blogs, read the blogs...