Wednesday, March 14, 2007

ASSERTIVE WOMEN AND WHAT SCARE MEN

In my previous relationship, my ex-husband fell in love with me not just for my looks (whatever that was), my intelligence (yeah, yeah, whatever...) but also for my personality (whatever that was).
I remember he said he liked my S T R O N G personality, my sense of independence, my self-reliance.
He thought I was real smart.
I thought I was normal smart.
I was, of course, all that and everything he wanted in a woman.
But, hey, he met me when I was all of 22 -- had graduated, started work and about to go abroad for graduate studies.
Of course, this is usually the case --- he became tired of those very "qualities" he fell for earlier in our relationship.
I suppose, the novelty just died.
Men just don't like assertive women. Or qualities they perceive to be assertiveness.
Sometimes, they can't tell the difference between assertiveness and arrogance in women.
For an interesting read, check this out.
And perhaps, you'd want to know the 15 things that scare a man. It's here. Meow.

11 comments:

Keropok said...

What really scares me is a woman who doesn't know what she wants. I - and I believe most men - can deal with anything else.

But when women are influenced by their friends, family, and the trash they watch on TV / read in magazines more than what they want for themselves, then they lose sight of who they really are. Many married men have become disillusioned simply because their wives aren't who they were anymore.

Men have hundreds of things to be blamed for. This is just one observation for what I beliebe most men want in women.

zewt said...

how are you broo?

yeah... public humiliation is the nail to the coffin.

anyway, i think men will not really fall for an overly self-reliant woman. a man needs to feel like a man... as egoistic as it may sound.

the witch's broo said...

Keropok,

you know.... u are right

the witch's broo said...

zewt,

i am ok. what about you ?

and yes....most men would agree with you...

zewt said...

hi broo, how have you been? noticed there has not been any update here... been a good smooth ride lately?

J.T. said...

Zewt, as egoistic as it may sound, I do believe that is the truth. A man needs to be that 'knight in shining amour'. If the damsel is not in distress anymore and can slay the dragon herself, he will gallop away on his horse to the nearest village and find one who needs him.

the witch's broo said...

zewt,

i have been away.
have just updated.
i am so sorry to hear about your mom. i will post something in your blog soonest.

the ride the last 2 weeks have been good, but tiring. so much work.

take care and stay in touch, ok?

the witch's broo said...

JT,

much as I want to disagree with Zewt...but that's the reality...

thanks for visiting...

Anonymous said...

Check out http://www.CasualDatePlace.net to find that special one. It has awesome reviews and breaks down the key features of many dating sites.

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as precise post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

You really shoukdn't paint a black and white picture of why your marriage failed; and what makes your account less valid is that it conincidentally happens to put all the blame on your partner.