Thursday, February 1, 2007

LUST & A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE

Excuse me if I sound like an old-fashioned mama. But I am one of those who believe in the one-man woman and one-woman man concept, even though here we are in the 21st century.
To me, some values don't change with time. No matter what.
I don't know why it is such a big deal for some people, usually men, to remain mono-amour.
Is it so difficult to be faithful to one woman, the woman you love.
That's why sometimes I think I live in another time, in another place.
Despite the fact that I have seen infidelity all around me, I still hold on to this mono mono love-lust thing.
Ok. Take mon amour, Antonio.
He says I love you to moi like a thousand times a day. I am his only love, he says. Man, I sure as hell, believe him.
You can feel these things, you know. You can feel the love, the l u r v e. Yes, baby, the l o v e.
And the lust too. Ooh... the lust.
But, the question is -- am I his only lust?
There are things about Antonio and moi that I cannot reveal. Must not. Surely not in this open global diary of mine. Suicidal. Aint right. So, I shall keep some things out of the picture.
I write this blog as a therapy. Catharsis. Panacea. Letting it all out.
For many reasons, I don't confide in anyone about any problems of mine with regards to my love and life with Antonio.
People think we have no problems. Two people so in love and clearly in lust. Ouch.
Well, we don't, in the strict sense, have problems as other couples do.
My issue with Antonio is only one -- trust and fidelity.
I had never doubted his fidelity and had always trusted him. That is, until a couple of years ago.
Oh, he did something, in my book, that is beyond forgiving. But, strangely enough, I forgave him. Something I thought I could and would never do.
Aah. Sometimes I surprise myself.
And then, things were ok. In fact, never been better. Until, late last year. Almost left each other. Yep, over the issue of that old friend of his. (And she aint even pretty! But wait a minute, it is never about looks, right?)
Nope. I insist. I was NOT jealous. I just could not understand why he could have kept it from me.
But we kissed and made up, as it were. Couldn't live without each other, you know, that sort of thing.
But, he did a silly little thing after that. He had promised me he would not meet her as planned. You know, long time no see thing.
But,he did. They met for coffee. I know. Someone told me. I even know when, where and for how long they sat.
Actually, I was ok with that. Nothing wrong, really in having coffee with an ol friend. I can understand him not wanting to disappoint a very old friend. And did I say that she is married? And actually a nice person, though I have never met her.
But, then again, serious affairsoften start with that innocent cup of coffee.
And now, this other woman. I know I should not overreact. But why shouldn't I?
He asked me whether I had ever wondered why someone would want to tell me about it now.
I know his point. My point is exactly that too. Why would someone want to tell me about him and that woman.
He denied any truth to that story. I am supposed to believe him. I do and I don't.
Either he was lying because he did not want to upset me because, really, there was and is nothing between them.
Or, there was (and is) really something and he is not about to admit to anything.
Any man in his right man will never admit to anything, right?
I am not at all accusing him of sleeping with her (as the story goes.)
How this person knew about his supposed dangerous liaison with this woman, beats me.
Really, how does anyone know if anyone was sleeping with someone unless that anyone or someone had talked about it.
Even then, how can we believe it to be true.
It is not whether I believe him or not. It is whether he had been truthful to me.
So Antonio, the love of my life -- we need to work on that trust. Because I want to be your only lust. Meow.

11 comments:

flaminglambo said...

Girl, I feel you on this. I really do.

On my recent trip to K.L, I cannot believe how many players there are out there. Some of them even have kids! How do I know? Let's just say that after a few drinks on a guys' night out, you hear more intimate details from someone you don't know and will never meet again than someone you know.

One of them said that it's the job. Y'know, entertaining clients, suppliers, delegates and all that jazz. He said that if they don't indulge along with the client, it doesn't go down as well and it portrays a 'holier than thou' attitude. So, they give in.

Another gave a very convincing speech about how humans crave variety only that guys have more sexual urges than any one woman can fulfil...well, unless she's a nympho.

I dunno. To me, this kind of attitude is quite prevalent in the business world. The higher you go in business, the more inevitable it gets. I've even heard stories of how some wives know what their husbands are up to outside but chooses to turn a blind eye because it's 'normal' in business.

But I dare say it's true when they say that women seems to be attracted to the bad boys more than the geeky, hardworking, sentimental and boring guys...unless they're rich. I'm not saying all but in general it sure seems like it from where I'm standing.

A typical guy just look at a woman's FLAB. Yes, FLAB. Face. Legs. Ass. Breasts. Personality is optional if it's just a fling. That's why I think women should never have an X rated relationship with a new bf for at least the first year of the relationship just to see if he's for real. That includes oral, wandering hands and all that R rated stuff. Only hugs, kisses and holding hands are permited. You know, PG stuff.

I don't know how my comment fits into the context of your entries but let's just jam it in there anyway.

Don't give up hope though. I know plenty of really nice guys and gals that got burnt. Present company included though, I don't know if I'm classified as nice, but there's always someone that's worth it if you open your eyes and don't assume that every male is out for a poke. I definitely didn't assume all females are money hungry sluts. Look where I am now. Single. Hahaha. I jest. I jest.

Shit! I might have given away too much info. to the enemy. This is treason. RETREAT!!!

the witch's broo said...

hey there, flaminglambo,
Man, that was good. Nope. Dont think you have given too much info. that was cool, real cool.
Really good reading your comment. am learning. sure as hell, am learning.

cheers...

baggie said...

LOL flaminglambo...

hi witch's broo, thanks for dropping by to my site. :)

I think you already knew tht i'm gonna get registered soon (my blog). I think i'm pretty excited and at times terrified of what the future might holds.

I've seen many divorced cases caused by "the man" having affairs behind the wifey's back. My parents, friend's parents, bf parents, ex bf parents... bla bla...

And these stuff are haunting me right now and will in future i guess, thinking if this would happen to me next time. It's kinda scary to think of the consequences if i would ever be like the wifey's condition.

how come some men are so mean...? We dedicate our entire heart, body and soul to them, and they do too to us, but their dickheads are devoted to the tastes of new down unders. Total sadist...

You are a strong woman, and you do really love your Antonio. :)Don't hear what people says bout him, unless you see it for yourself. Perhaps someone is just jealous over your relationship, so they add spice and vinegar to it. A relationship can go as far as eternal, as long as there is trust in it.

I hope for the best for you and for myself too. :)

the witch's broo said...

hi calvin's girl,
nice "hearing" from you.
as they say, marriage is a life-time's investment. before I got married, i got so much advice from well-meaning people. some good advice, some, er not practical.
each marriage is different. no two marriages are the same.
different players, different problems.
at first i could not zero in on what was the problem between my ex-hubby and me.
then i realised that the problem was as much with him as it was with me.
i suppose, you could say that our situation was untenable.
no regrets,really. the kids were the best things to happen to me. the years of my marriage were good. when it turned bad, it was time to go. when there is a third party, it is difficult. to me, it was not worth a fight. rather, he wsa not worth fighting for.
i wish you all the best. i am sure you will have the best.
and thanks for the advice too.

hope to hear from you again.

zewt said...

wow flaminglambo, that's one hellunva comment!

Anyway, one has to admit that ppl living in KL are moving along with time. I am not saying it's ok to fuck around but we should be prepared for this kinda thing, know what i mean?

you may not be his only lust, but i am sure you're his only love.... gee... what am i saying... :P

the witch's broo said...

hi zewt..

thanks. how comforting to know that i may not be his only lust.
i should have listened to my mom.she told me never love a man more than he loves you.
neat advice, huh?

zewt said...

i think a girl told me that... a girl should always look for a man who loves her more than to go with a man that she loves more....

the witch's broo said...

zewt,
thing is -- when i was falling in love, that advice (of my mom) was as far away as the whiff of the amazons. Why does that happen when one is falling in love, I wonder now..
I think it is the heart... you can't rationalise emotions.
and when it is a bit tooo late...you're a goner... he is the love of your life, the air you breathe and all that bullshit.

that girl who told you that? -- how right she was (and is).

and what about you, zewt? how are you gonna fall in love? more on your part or hers? and how would you know, really? hmmm.

think about it,zewt.

zewt said...

i fall in love when i wanna fall in love... when i have found the 'right one'... of cos, it's easier said than done.

zewt said...

your latest post doesnt allow any comments?

the witch's broo said...

zewt,
in my experience, i have found that many things in life are easier said than done.
falling in love? for many people that is easy...only becos sometimes many feelings are mistaken for love...
but, hey, zewt...i have no doubt that the right girl for you will just land on your lap....
when the right time comes...
cheers, zewt.

PS: Thanks for tipping me off about the "no comment allowed" in my new post... Dunno what happened. Fixed it already. Thanks.