Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Met Rocky (Rocky's Bru)

I shouldn't blog about this! It's quite embarrassing. But it was the highlight of my week.

Remember I said that I'd been wanting to meet Ahiruddin Attan AKA Rocky of Rocky's Bru. Well, I did. The best thing was that it was not planned. Not exactly!

Nope, I wasn't about to email him or facebook him or do anything that would make me look hard-up. But, hell, I was so hard-up to meet him, I'm not ashamed to admit.

I think Antonio thinks I'm crazy. But he is just so sweet. He knows Rocky but will not introduce me to him because he says he (and probably Rocky too) will end up being very embarrassed.

I have been following Rocky's Bru from Day One. It was Antonio who introduced me to his blog.

I've been hooked since. This guy's one brave bugger!
From his blog, I go to the blogs on his blog roll. My other favourite is, of course, Jalan Sudin. She is amazing. Love her. I also like MM's Rantings, Stand-Up Philosopher, Zorro, Shanghai Fish, Zewt and Jacqui's Curve and Lady Patsy.

Then I got to know Elviza and Tok Mommy. I used to love Clark Gable of Pulau Duyong but sadly, he no longer blogs.

Now, back to that momentous moment!

I often see him in Bangsar with that certain someone whom I was duly told not to mention because it is none of my business. And don't speculate, I was nicely reminded.

So many times I wanted to say hi and introduce myself, but always stopped short because they seemed to be in their private little world that I didn't want to interrupt.

Antonio told me that Rocky is really very nice. On the ball. Knows stuff. Knows a lot of people. Very helpful. Six-foot two (or three) but such a gentle giant.

Won't that certain someone mind if I intrude?

Antonio said, no way. She's so nice too.

Anyway...boy, I am so nervous just writing this.

He was at Bangsar Village One, in front of the news-stand at the Grocer's supermarket, waiting for her (that certain someone).

Actually, I saw them earlier but I was not sure it was him, or her. I got closer to them as they stepped out of the escalator (from the carpark).

Yep...it was them, alright. So handsome! So macho! And she, so very attractive, and looking so good in a bright t-shirt with white slinky pants. Love her hair!

Then they headed for Basil, the Thai Restaurant. I followed.

They were seated. So I got myself seated too. Lucky me, I got a table very close to them.

They had their lunch. So did I. They chatted. Laughed. Chatted. Couldn't quite hear, although I was at the closest table.
But, I could feel the chemistry in the air. Aaah....lovebirds!

Meanwhile, I was figuring out when I could say hi.

And then. they got up to pay the bill.

I quickly got up too.

"Act naturally, act naturally, " I reminded myself..

So, you must be wondering when I met them.

After paying my bill (oh man. it was worth my tom yam and mocktail lunch!), I rushed out and saw Rocky standing in front of the news-stand.

I walked quickly. Aaah...finally, the moment.

"Hi!', I said. He looked up, smiled, but looking a bit puzzled because obviously I was a stranger, yet I was sure I must have looked familiar because I "lepak" in Bangsar too. Besides, I was lunching a while ago. at the table closest to you. Trying to eavesdrop. :-).
Er...remember? Hope not!

"Rocky?", I asked.

"I must be," he replied, ever so gently and politely. I thought...what a sexy man!

"I'm, er, your, fan..I mean...reader.", I stuttered, stammered.

"Oh?...that's always good to know. And you are?" He smiled. Man! Is this guy ever so tall.

I gave him my real name, I think. Nope. Wasn't going to say that I am the witch who leaves comments in his blog!

Then, she (that certain someone) appeared. She was so sweet. She smiled and said "hi there" and introduced herself.
My God! if I was a lesbian, I'd.....
I know I'm younger than her (Antonio knows her age because he was at her **th birthday party Rocky threw for her at the Press Club. Bloody romantic, I tell you!) but she really put me to shame. She has a great body. She is GORGEOUS!
Yep. No wonder. I could see just why!

I don't know what I mumbled. I might have said "I read you too!".
So nervous. They both smiled and I was sure they wanted to laugh just looking at how nervous I was.
But they were so sweet....

What was wrong with me? They're two normal ordinary people!

Then I said, "bye, bye...nice meeting you guys." I almost tripped as I attempted to "cabut".

I immediately called Jeremy and told him breathlessly that he didn't have to now bother introducing me to Rocky because I'd met the man himself. And a bonus for me, I met her, the LOHL (figure this one out, because Antonio said that's what she is to him).

And I was not disappointed! A fan more than ever, I am!

Now...let me run 10 miles. I need to be in shape.

So, that was the highlight of my week. And I have not gotten over it! Antonio is going around the house with earmuffs!

(So, Rocky, if you happen to pass by here...I've got a special broo for you!)

24 comments:

tony -stand-up philosopher said...

Hi witch B,
Will be as excited if you have met me? I'm everything the opposite of Rocky..even in height...haha. On a more serious note, having read your piece on the Man, it reminded me how much I have taken my friends for granted. You see I meet Rocky almost everyday and I even worked with him once. Yeh, you reminded me how I need to cherish my friends, especially when there are people out there who yearns to meet and chat with them.. And you are welcome to meet with anytime...at the Press club will be fine..ask antonio, maybe he knows me too. You see in the Press club, I'm world famous.

the witch's broo said...

Hi Tony (Antonio with an H),

And I'm sure you are (world famous).

Indeed, I'm positive I'd be just as excited if it was you that I had met! :-).

You are right.. don't take your friends for granted.

The next time I meet Ropcky, I hope to sit down with him for coffee, or something..and ask him things.

Ok...one day I may just drop by the Press Club!

the witch's broo said...

i mean ROCKY>

Anonymous said...

Dear Witch,

Been reading you since the start but am dropping by for the first time.

Something you wrote pricked Tony SUP's conscience; pricked mine, too.

Yes, I too have failed to cherish the friends I have.

I have taken them for granted.

I have taken the one closest to me for granted. I thought she will live forever. Rather, I thought I will live forever.

Once, I too met someone who is not close to me and her, someone famous, and I thought the world of her. I even wondered why my closest one cannot be a bit more like the famous one.

I forgot that the person who's sitting beside me is God's gift. In my case, a God's gift to someone not really deserving. I took her for granted. I accused her of being uncaring when it was me who was changing, who was forgetting my station in life.

Now she's no more.

Arh, I know I am not making myself clear. Am no writer, you see ..... But I will leave these comments here, just to tell you I appreciate the stories of your life that you are sharing with me and others.

Thks!

the witch's broo said...

desperate don,

i think i know what you mean.

take care
and thank you for visiting.

Anonymous said...

hey jee,
you are one drama queen. you forgot to mention that there were three of us there. we had to accompany you while you were stalking the guy and his woman. and we had to have lunch at Basil as well when we wanted to eat at Delicious. luckily it was damn good.

conveniently forgot to say that we were with you when you approached the man.

you are full of imagination-lah...did Rocky say all that> Seemed more like you frightened the guy with your "hi". and you got more nervous when his woman, or partner, or wife, came.

the only truth you told is that you were damn nervous and he was sexy and very tall (mmmmm) and she was gorgeous and we hate her!:-D

the next time we meet Rocy, you are going to sy a proper hello and offer him a latte, as we have been told that he likes latte and to also invite her because that's the best way to get him...

penat oi jadi macam detectif!

Anonymous said...

jee,

you are so good at storeytelling-lah. this one good for drama. so many embelishments...

rona is right. you bloody nervous.

and you know something...he will probably not remember you or the incident.

ROTFLMAO

the witch's broo said...

rona and linda,

stop calling me Jee-lah. The next time I shan't let go your comments if you call me Jee.

Anyway....sorry girls. At that point, the worl revolved around me and Rocky, ok?

See you at Coffee Bean later!

(PS: Jeremy said he has spotted Rocky many times at Chawan. If only their chairs are comfortable!)

Anonymous said...

dear witch and everyone,

perhaps you girls forget that Rocky is not just brawn, ok.

i know him. besides all that you've described him physically, he's damn smart. got a lot up there in his brain.

so, girls. i know y'all are liberated and all that and giving it just like the guys, but let me tell you, Rocky's not just meat, eh?

Oh brother...

Anonymous said...

shame on you girls!
rocky's got enough of stalkers stalking him!
no need to stalk him. he's not a pop star. just say hello. i'm surprised at you, ms witch. you sound like one spunky gal and you turn jelly over this. so disappointing.

the witch's broo said...

black maria,

i apologize. and i apologize on behalf of my girlfriends.

you see. we know rocky's a smart guy. you read his blog and you'd know that. so clearly. why do you think i'm his number one fan.

but there are so many smart guys around, you know.

but, rocky...mmmmm....sorry..sometimes i really don't mind being accused of being so shallow....

ms balck maria....surely you know what i mean.

thanks for visiting. don't think you've ever been here.

the witch's broo said...

lisbet,

again, i apologize. we apologize. no we weren't stalking altho it did look that way.

we finally approached him.
we had no other intentions than just to say hi.

i mean, i could get antonio to take me to the national press or media club and get me introduced to rocky and his lady. but....i know i'd be so conscious and probably visit the loo every 10 seconds.....

i am spunky? thank you.

i still am. and spunk or lack of it had nothing to do with my Bangsar Vilage antic.

thanks for visiting, Lisbet.

you must also be rocky's friend. Yahoo....i get rocky's pals visiting my blog!
please please tell him about this.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,

We surely have bumped into each other at Bangsar too, only we don't know each other. I hang there A LOT!

When I first met Rocky at the old Devi's in Bangsar, carrying my plate of breakfast to join my friends at the other end when I stumbled upon all six foot two of him.

I was so star struck and if I were fairer, he surely knew I was blushing.

He was nice. He went, "Hello, have we met? Can I buy you breakfast."

I have no shame, I told him "yes you can buy me breakfast."

Deserted my friends and had breakfast with him.

Well, that was almost 2 years ago. Nowadays I see him for lunch every tuesday with other bloggers.

And yes, that "certain someone" is damn awesome with great hair day every freaking day of the year. How s that possible?

Coffee at BV 1 soon, Sister?

the witch's broo said...

hi elviza,

AWESOME.....he had that effect on you?
Oh dear...so it is really nothing strange.

i tell you...I am so not easily affected by anything. Certainly not a hunk. Met too many of them when I was in Australia and California. No way.

But this Rocky...he is just..ouch! I think it is his being..his persona..and yeah, his height and eyes... and his hair.

oh, we all decided we hate her (certain someone). :-) it's not fair, you know. she's not supposed to look good! yeah, that good!

you hang out there at BV1 too?! Great. Brilliant.
Yep. we must have bumped into each other.

Hope to see you around there...

the witch's broo said...

Elviza,

oooh.... every tuesday. I know about that.
you lucky lucky girl...

I am so tempted to shamelessly ask to be invited. But that means....yikes...my cover will be blown. no more "anonymity"!

I shall think very very hard about it.

Rocky- anonymity, Rocky - anonymity, Rocky-anonymity.....???

Anonymous said...

Sister,

Course he had that effect on me - and thousands other women.

You are invited, I know so. Kak Ton will hug you and welcome you to the family in no time.

The anonymity part, you have got to decide.

But I tell you sister, he'll be there every Tuesday come rain or shine. Ngeh ngeh ngeh ngeh!

Meanwhile, we two could have coffee. I wont tell who you are. But I do know that you are, hmm, probably "Jee" to your closest friends.

Nite nite "Jee" :-P

the witch's broo said...

Sis Elviza,

sigh and sigh....

and i hear he is so nice too.

i know Rocky is to die for... but I wonder, is the mee rebus there really to die for too -- as I have read somewhere?

it is with great difficulty that i am considering this mee rebus tuesday foray.
pull factor: you guys are UBER bloggers. I'm a personal, pipsqueak blogger. (no no...am not fishing for compliments)

push factor: rocky and rocky. (maybe that certain someone. i was told to be nice to a man, be nice to his lady.)

but where is the place. maybe i should just driver around Tok Mommy's one quiet weekend. PJ's not my turf. WIll get lost, for sure...

anyway...i've got some really useless pals. Imagine, calling me "Jee"!
I had a good mind to delete their comments but I believe in free speech and hopeful that not too many people (especially Antonio) read this blog!

I wonder whether Mr Bru sneaks around my blog.

Antonio tells me the guy's bloody faithful to her. Whoops...I won't tread further. Very sensitive thing this.

Anonymous said...

Sister,

*Evil Laugh*

Last weekend, I spent good few hours with that certain-someone-with-great-hair-but-we-all-love-to-hate-her, so I showed her the posting.

And, I am sure that "gentle giant" will read you in no time. Mesti dia malukan? Hahaahahahaha!

The mee rebus, you asked? It's to die for. Trust me.

We? What Blogger? *ROTFLOL*

Kak Ton's house is in Kelana Jaya. For full address, just email me at elviza@maxis.blackberry.com

Good day!

the witch's broo said...

sis elviza,

now i am seething with envy.
i am so jealous.

if i can't get close to Mr Bru, i'd much sooner get close to lady Bru. Which I see you've got both. Jealous is me at this moment.

i do believe she reads my blog because i am on her blogroll. Yippee!
I'm not sure how I got to be there. Someone must have told her about this witch who's always taking pot shots at the love of her life.

she must really think i'm a maniac.that i fantasize about Mr Bru. no no no....none of that.
i just think that he's just so cool. and you're cool too, lady, ma'am, ms, ...

pardon my kaypoh-ness...but what were you guys doing over the weekend?
cooking? picnicking? shopping?
Was Mr Bru with you guys? (hey....just asking...)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Greetings Witch and everyone.

Let me introduce myself. I am Ali, I am Rocky's PA. Yes yes...an UBER blogger like Rocky must have a PA.

Rocky has asked me to say "hi" for him and "thank you", dear Witch for mentioning him in your post.

Frankly, until now, he is a little perplexed by all the adulation. Not that he does not appreciate it.

So, thank you very much, he said.

WHy can't he say hi himself?

Oh, he's shy.

But if you meet him again at Bangsar Village or anywhere, do say "hi". He promises that he will not be shy.
He is not averse to genuine friendliness.

saya yang menurut perintah,

Ali.

Anonymous said...

Ahem!!

Excuse me, Sister Broo,

This Ali person's writing reminds me so much of this "person" we all really know in blogsphere.

I ll drill her/him the next time we meet. Never mind, I ll call this person soon as I finish this comment.

Don't be green with envy. I think I am a lot closer to Lady Bru than the Bru himself. Much easier with the ladies, right?

Of course the fact that I paste myself at Kak Ton's house notwithstanding invitation and time, does help a little. Heh!

No, last Saturday was an exception. We went to visit a fellow blogger who is fighting the effect of chemo.

Usually its just Tuesday.

So, have you decided whether or not to meet us? *wink wink*

the witch's broo said...

sis elviza,

hope your ill friend is ok. nice of you guys to see her.

as for my foray into Tuesdays....for now, you can call me chicken...

you guys are awesome..

Anonymous said...

ya, Datuk Ahirudin memang seorang insan yang baik. Damn good and intelligent ( am sure everyone and the Witch knows that) blogger with a great sense of humour.

"Datuk Ahirudin's sms buddy"