Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goodbye Is So Damn Hard To Say!

It is. Because I have tried to say that to Antonio whenever I think that it is pointless to go on with me doubting his commitment to our relationship.

Then, I think of how much he really does love me.

Those flirtatious messages he sends to those babes or broads are just that -- flirtatious messages.
I must tell you that he NEVER ever flirts with anyone in my presence. I know, I know....the quieter they are, the more dangerous....

The thing is there is no doubt at all that he flirts because I know -- with proof. But whether, knowing that he is an unrepentant and compulsive flirt (with some women I know personally --damn him!), I'd want to remain in our relationship.

I hate myself for realising this side of Antonio only the last couple of years. How could I believe him so when there were signs already.

There was a time, I was told by a close friend that Antonio pulled her to sit beside him during a performance by a singer at a club.

She told me quite casually, but in detail. At that time my relationship with Antonio was not high-profile yet.

When I asked him about it, he took pains to convince me that it ncver happened that way, that this friend of mine, was really imagining it all or that she she simply fibbing. Well, my friend has a habit of exaggerating things.

So, I believed him.

Yet, on another occasion, someone told me about how this PR girl who "was sitting so close to Antonio at the club that she was "almost sitting on his lap"!!!!! I was so funimg inside and I asked him and, yes, you've guessed it. Antonio vehemently denied it and accused this person of really dramatizing the scenario.
And, of course, it didn't help that this person was also prone to a lot of exaggeration.

Thing is, Antonio and I have a fantastic relationship. But, I happened to havbe found out about his shenanigans behind my back. His little up-to-no-good habit of flirting with females. Not all, though.

I get the feeling that Antonio can't help flirting.

He'd flirt in his first line in a message to whoever the girl maybe. I am convinced he is a pathaological flirt. He doesn't arrange to meet up with guys, If he does, then it's a simple "see you at ****".

But with women, it's something like "hey, let me share cofffee with you sometime."

A message between him and a babe he'd just met would be:

Babe: Hi, Antonio, nice to see you last night.

Antonio: Mmmm, it was nicer for me to see you. Whatcha doing? Do you always wear jeans?

Babe: Yeah, why?

Antonio: Would love to see what's inside them. Whatcha doing?

Babe: Oh...having coffee.

Antonio: Mmmm, must be nice having your coffee with you.

Now, this is about the mildest I can give as an example. But, you get the drift.

Is it harmless?

I don't know. If a guy I've just met send me that kind of messages, I'd think he's one horny bastard.

Am I a prude?

I digress.

It is so damn hard to say goodbye.

5 comments:

zorro said...

come girl, get along....start blogging...it can be therapeutic. Just what we all need when things get rough. Don't be silent for a month ok?

Anonymous said...

That's not flirting! It's outright groping!
Drop him like a ton of bricks!
It can be tough though but cut your losses now...
Sorry if my busybody comments hurt in any way, I hope the best for you.

the witch's broo said...

zorro,

therapy, sir, is going away by yourself to a place far away, wehere the sea, sand and beach boys beckon!

Darn! I'm too bloody faithful, I can't allow myself to be teased by them yummy beach boys!

the witch's broo said...

peng,

many times, i wanted to drop him like a ton of very hot bricks...but each time, the heart is forgiving.

i'm a goner, i know.

and no, you're no busybody. this is a blog, so you're welcomed to get your body busy here!
thank you.

Anonymous said...

dear witch,

Let me tell you a story, a very true one indeed.
Once there was this HE and SHE who went out together as bf & gf.
The history of how they got together is another story. The HE drop his then gf for SHE.
History should have given SHE a red light warning, yea?
But like they say love is blind.
SHE is indeed blind! SHE was told by friends that HE was seen with girls and HE was threatened by the family of a very angry girl who got played by HE. Stupid SHE did not believe all these. Ugly gossips SHE said. They are jealous of us.
And so HE and SHE got married. Have kids.
And then the leopard spots started to appear again. This time SHE believed. HE was caught having xxxtra affairs. It's literally going after all the skirts in town.
No forgiveness this time. The big D happened. Too late. Too much to be undone.
Moral of the story:
Love can blind you. The 1st cut to sever ties is the deepest and hurts the most. Do it before the disease spreads to your all and there's no damage control.
Me busybody again. Sorry la!