Friday, January 11, 2008

Ignorance Is Really Bliss

I have learnt, for a very long time, that this is just so true.
Ladies...what you don't know won't hurt you. So, don't ask questions if you cannot accept the answers.
But let me tell you that most times -- rather all the time -- your man will never tell the truth. Either way -- you not being able to bear with the truth or you being lied to with only answers you want to hear -- it's so sad.

So never ask your man these questions:

1. Have you been faithful/unfaithful to me?
2. Have you slept with another woman?
3. Are you in an intimate relationship with anyone else?
4. Are you in love with someone else?

He will never tell you the truth.
Why should he? He maybe unfaithful but he is not stupid!

First and foremost, these questions are often asked when you have that nagging feeling or that sneaking suspicion that your man has been up to no good.
Even in my case when I had proof.
As an example, only recently, my Antonio denied, in his most convincing gentle straight-faced even-toned voice that, no he was not in touch with XXX.
It was a question that arose in a light-hearted conversation about someone. XXX came into the picture.
I did not assume an accusing tone. Just a simple question asked in the most casual tone. A swift denial. If I had not known the truth, I would have readily believed.
The point was, I knew the truth. So, was and is Antonio a lying bastard for telling that little white lie?
I don't know his reason but I reckon he didn't want to get into having to elaborate something pretty innocuous and his fear (yes, his fear) that I would badger him for details and get so carried away, it would be disastrous.
The fact was that I know that it was nothing. But he chose the easy way out. Lie.
But why was I sure that he lied?
Well, I know they were in touch, though not seriously as in seeing each other. I guess, not yet.
But, very reliable sources told me that, yes they were. No details.
I am guessing through SMSes.
Does it matter how? They were in touch!
Of course I have questions. But, never mind. I choose to put all that aside.
But it keeps me wondering.....how far will he go this time?

So, back to my point that you should not ask questions about your man's "other" life.

You know, men are good liars.
So, don't ask them questions for which you'll get lies.

Be happy! And trust me...ignorance is bliss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,

I thought long and hard about this. I know the mantra for quite sometimes. But, more often than not, women find it hard to resist the temptation to ask.

While ignorance is a bliss or what you dont know wont hurt you; when you are the wife, you just know - its a gift bestows upon the wives by God.

Then again, in any circumstances, I dont want to know. Because when you find out, you then have to decide. Either way, you end up being hurt.

Just my thoughts.

the witch's broo said...

elviza dear,

you have encapsulated it.
the pressure wives are under when it comes to infidelity of their spouses.

not to mention, the choice wives have to make.

but....in the long term, not wanting to know ia a far more practical credo.