Saturday, April 7, 2007

Working Out Right

I'm not young. Well, anyone over 40 aint young. So I am not young.
Ok, this is not about age. I am going to talk about staying youthful.
It was not very long ago that I was sitting at a cafe with a girlfriend who happens to be also over 40.
We're no Angelina Jolie or Halle Barry. But, we're ok. That's because, I think, we're fit. We have pretty trim bodies. Not too bad skin too.
The point is -- and this aint bragging, really, not bragging -- we don't look our age. We didn't know that, at first. People kept telling us that.
So, how does an over-40 woman look like? I'd say she would look like me because I am over-40, as well as some of my girlfriends.
Apparently, not.
But, let's take this a little further.
Like I said. I was at a cafe with my girlfriend and we were talking, sipping latte, talking and then two young ladies walked past.
I repeat two YOUNG ladies. They looked like they were in their 20s.
They were wearing what most young ladies would be wearing -- tight-fitting bare midriff t-shirts and hipster jeans.
Sexy, eh?
Afraid not. They looked like a pair of overfilled cupcakes. Swear to God! And I don't mean to be mean and cruel.
They shouldn't be looking like that. They're young, youthful and they should be taking care of their health, and therefore, their bodies.
What have they been eating and drinking? All those fat-laden fast food, I bet.
But, heck, I have that too, occasionally.
I had my time when I was young. But I never never looked like that. I had a very trim and slim and fit body.
And I was a smoker, too! That was probably the only bad thing I ever did. Smoking.
Don't know whether it's genetic. Perhaps I had (no longer now) a high metabolic rate. But I know I was conscious about my health.
Perhaps too I liked sports. So it was not difficult for me.
When I got married and had kids, I told myself that I had to keep fit so that I could take better care of my kids. You know, go to the park and play games with them.
Of course, with kids and work, you need to organise yourself. Keeping a keep-fit routine needs a strong willpower. And that is an understatement.
But, I have kept to a routine. I slack sometimes. I make up for that, other times.
I have to also watch what and how I eat. Oh yes.. I do indulge but see, I work out.
I stay focus. I have to.
I also tell myself I don't wanna look like ..... oh never mind. That always works.

If you're interested, here's something to read. It's all about working out. Click here.

4 comments:

zewt said...

hey broo, where did you go?

wow... so you're comparing yourself to those in their 20s eh? well.... depends on where you're having your coffee... i think most girls now are very vain... overflowed stuff? hmmmm... wonder where you saw them.

the witch's broo said...

hi zewt,

i was out of the country.

no no, not comparing myself to those sweet young things! or am I?
no no, i am not.

oh yes, there are some who take care of their bodies. they don't quite count because when you are in your, you are supposed to look good...
so when you don;t look good in yr 20s, you'd better start changing your habits..
i should ask the next question. Can these cute 20 year-olds maintain their figure when they are in their 40s, after childbirth and with age?
I shan;t answer that.

and oh.... we were at La Bodega at BSC.

zewt said...

oh... on hols eh?

bangsar... haha... i have to say... place for posers... particularly BSC.

the witch's broo said...

hi zewt,

oh...wasn't on hols. actually sort of. i'd say, a working holiday. and holidaying at work. quite nice but had no time to blog. No kidding.

anyway, yep...you've said it about BSC.