Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dumbing Down in American Idol Auditions

Like really really down, it's unbelievable.
I'm no fan of the American Idol series. But I can get hooked because of the incredible drama during the coast-to-coast auditions.

I am convinced that after the bona fide geek William Hung whose down-to-earth honesty shot him to fame seven shows ago, many Americans have found the successful formula to instant fame. Simply by being really bad at auditions and showing a Godamm attitude.

Can anyone really be so stupid as to think that or she can sing when obviously there is NO talent at all in the first place?

It is unbelievable. And the drama that followed.

I am also convinced that a lot of them are acting students playing out roles in the auditions.

But oh well. It was all so entertaining.

Cheers! Here's to another bleah bleah season.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being American..they would do anything for fame and it's all about entertaining. Perhaps they being paid for acting stupid. Have you ever watch Jerry Springer's shows? That show will give you a kick on how trash American life is.

Makcik Runner said...

hey, but i like american idol. the auditions are a riot to watch. there were some really hilarious moments. nevermind if its acted out or no talent whatsoever. i just need the laugh...we all do.

the witch's broo said...

azah,

entertainment is the key word here.

:-)

KC lah who else:

cute nya.

i agree. the entertainment value is overpowering.

J.T. said...

Please excuse me but I need to address Azah ....

Pardon me but I have to say this ... not all Americans would do anything for fame. It is human nature. You will find the same characters anywhere in the world. As I recall there are some Malaysians who will do the same. You just have to remember some history.

Also, Jerry Springer show does not sum up the life of all Americans. If you have lived among them, you would have probably noticed that many of them are actually living conservative lives (at least where I lived in the south). They are friendly people and very neighbourly. Even the store people are very cordial, which I am afraid, some Malaysians have yet to learn to do the same.

What warranted such awful remarks about America? Is it the propaganda you read about the country and swallow it whole or is it based on personal experience? I would love to know where you are coming from with your views. Thank you.

Thanks Witch .. I got that off my chest. :)

As you said, Witch and KC, it is entertainment. The auditions are definitely a riot. That Norman guy really tickled me.
I can't wait for the singing competition to start. I actually watch it for the talent.
Hubby can't watch it much. He prefers the initial part when auditions are going on. That's entertainment for him.

the witch's broo said...

hi JT,

phew! that's a load off your chest!

take care!